Modern cosmetology to some extent is an alternative to plastic surgery. This also applies to the procedure called "nose removal" or "injection rhinoplasty". Point and linear injections of certain substances allow you to adjust the shape of this part of the face. This, of course, is not an operational intervention, but the procedure is quite complicated. From the specialist who conducts it, a lot of experience is required, from the patient - the ability to choose the right dermato-cosmetologist and exactly follow his instructions.
General information on the procedure and indications for it
Contour rhinoplasty is not a panacea. For example, unlike plastic surgery, it is not performed when it is necessary to reduce an oversized nose, "straighten" a deviated internal septum, or correct the consequences of severe injury.
But there are many indications for her:
- disproportionately small nose;
- back aesthetically thin or wide, curved;
- loose, sagging skin on the nose (this is especially noticeable on the wings and its tip);
- depression at the site of the nasal septum in any part of the back;
- excessively wide wings, their obvious asymmetry;
- snub nose (the tip of the nose is raised), "beak" (he, on the contrary, "looks" down), the nose is "potato";
- a pronounced, congenital or acquired hump (for example, due to the need to constantly wear glasses);
- flattened bridge;
- the need to slightly adjust the outcome of plastic surgery if it is not entirely suitable for the surgeon or patient;
- the presence of scars, scars, post-acne not too obvious.
Injection rhinoplasty helps correct many nose problems, often causing psychological distress.
Nose reshaping is performed for people aged 18 and over in specialized clinics and medical centers licensed for this type of activity. Only certified dermatocosmetologists can do this. The price of the procedure depends on the defect that needs to be corrected, the region and the reputation of the institution.
You should not count on a permanent effect - the substance (filler) injected by injection is gradually absorbed and excreted from the body. Depending on the speed of metabolism and other individual characteristics of the body, the result will last for 1-2 years.
Advantages and disadvantages of the procedure
Compared to plastic surgery, rhinoplasty has the following undoubted advantages:
- the ability to do without surgical intervention, which is unacceptable for many for various reasons;
- relatively short period of recovery and rehabilitation;
- lack of problems with respiratory function, stitches and scars;
- lower risk of complications, shorter list of contraindications;
- complete safety of the substances used for health and their biological compatibility with the human body;
- the short duration of the "session" and the rapidly manifested effect;
- almost complete absence of pain;
- cheaper price;
- "reversibility" of the result if it is not suitable for the patient.
A noticeable effect that doesn't have to wait long is one of the main benefits of rhinoplasty.
Of course, it was not without drawbacks:
- injection rhinoplasty, of course, is significantly cheaper than the "traditional" one, but even in this version not everyone can afford the procedure;
- lack of a permanent effect (regular new injections are needed to maintain it);
- difficulty in finding a truly qualified doctor with the necessary experience (it is on him, for the most part, that the result will depend).
Many would not mind correcting the shape of the nose, but not everyone can find a suitable specialist.
Existing contraindications for contour plastics
Injection rhinoplasty is classified by dermato-cosmetologists as a low-trauma procedure. However, it has a fairly long list of contraindications:
- not completely healed mechanical damage (scratches, abrasions, burns) or purulent diseases (acne, folliculitis) of the skin in the "surgical field";
- the presence of malignant and benign tumors, as well as formations with an unknown etiology (for this reason, many specialists refuse to contour the nose if he has large moles, birthmarks, warts);
- any chronic disease in the acute stage (especially hypertension, liver, kidney problems);
- viral and / or bacterial infection in the body, inflammation, regardless of location (even the common cold, SARS);
- diseases that negatively affect the immune system, causing endocrine system problems and hormonal "failures" (including diabetes of any kind);
- the entire period of pregnancy and its natural nutrition;
- trypanophobia (fear of panic from injections, syringes, needles);
- hypersensitivity of the skin, tendency to hyperpigmentation, formation of coarse keloid scars;
- recently (within the next 2 weeks) she has performed "aggressive" cosmetic procedures (eg peeling that affects the deeper layers of the skin).
No studies have been conducted on the effect of drugs used in injectable rhinoplasty on a pregnant woman's body and fetus, but at least one expectant mother is unlikely to want to put her child at risk.
An allergic reaction to fillers is extremely rare (affects 1 in 2, 000 people) but cannot be completely ruled out. Therefore, before the procedure, the selected drug is necessarily tested for individual intolerance.
Different methods and drugs used
The technique chosen by the specialist for injection rhinoplasty and the specific drug are determined based on the nature and extent of the problem.
Fillers can be injected;
- under the skin;
- in the mucosa.
The drug is a viscous, thick gel that can hold its shape. Its main ingredient is hyaluronic acid or calcium hydroxyapatite. In the first case the substance has the purpose of filling voids and cavities, increasing the volume, the "side effect" is the rejuvenation of the tissues at the cellular level by stimulating the synthesis of collagen and elastin. In the second, after its introduction, a kind of "picture" is formed, gradually covered with connective tissue fibers.
The shape of the nose after the contour is helped by special preparations - fillers.
Fillers based on hyaluronic acid are excreted from the body faster. However, preparations with calcium hydroxyapatite require careful calculation by a specialist: where, how and in what dosage to administer it. In case of an error, very serious complications and negative consequences are possible.
The success of the procedure depends on the quality of the filler. Therefore, reputable clinics and centers only use products from companies with a solid reputation, and such drugs simply cannot be cheap.
A high-quality filler, together with the skill of a dermato-cosmetologist, provides the desired effect after injection rhinoplasty.
How is the preparation and the procedure itself
Preparation for injection rhinoplasty necessarily includes a consultation with the doctor who will perform the procedure. In the course of a conversation with the patient, it is determined whether the contour of the nose will be effective in this case, with the help of computer graphics, the result of the "operation" is modeled, taking into account the wishes of the patient. The most suitable drug and its dosage are selected. It is also necessary to find out if there are any contraindications for injectable rhinoplasty.
In addition, the patient is explained how the procedure itself, the preparation and the recovery period goes. Recommendations are given that must be followed later, even if they seem ridiculously reinsurance. The consultation ends with the setting of the date of the "transaction".
Contouring of the nose is not carried out without a preliminary study of the patient's history and a clarification of the problem of the absence of contraindications.
Preparation starts a week earlier. The patient will need:
- take a course of the recommended antiviral drug if there is a tendency to herpes;
- abandon alcohol, strong tea and coffee, minimize smoking if possible (ideally stop smoking altogether), include in the diet healthy and wholesome foods to the maximum;
- do not take anticoagulants (if a course of anticoagulants is prescribed and it cannot be stopped, you will have to wait with the contour of the nose until the end);
- do not perform any salon cosmetic procedures (especially hardware and injections).
Coffee, consumed in large volumes, retains fluids in the body, preventing rapid tissue regeneration.
The session itself lasts 30-45 minutes. It goes like this:
- The dermato-cosmetologist cleans the "operative field", if necessary, removing decorative and care cosmetics. The filler injection area is also treated with an antiseptic.
- At the request of the patient, the doctor uses local anesthesia. In most cases, they do without it: hair needles are used for filler injections, punctures almost do not cause pain. But skin sensitivity is different for everyone, so some prefer to play it safe. It takes 15-20 minutes for the anesthetic to take effect. At this time, the specialist prepares everything necessary. The ampoule with the drug must be new, it is opened in front of the patient. All "consumables" (syringes, needles, gloves) are used for single use only. The patient has the right to ask to take a closer look at the vial to make sure it is the drug of choice, in the right dosage and with the expiration date.
- The doctor removes the remnants of the anesthetic cream or gel with a cotton swab, repeats the treatment with an antiseptic again.
- The specialist injects the filler into the required areas in the required volume. Then it must be properly distributed with the fingers, as if to "sculpt" a new shape of the nose. Blood sticking out of the puncture points, a "popping" sensation at the injection site is normal.
- At the end of the procedure, the "workspace" is disinfected again. Then the patient is advised to spend another 15-20 minutes in the clinic. If you do not notice any discomfort, deterioration of health, you can go home.
The most important part of the procedure, the filler injection, takes only 10-15 minutes.
Sometimes, in order for the filler to "remember" the new shape more quickly, it is practice to wear a special splint. You will have to wear it for a maximum of one day, so you can get rid of the "accessory" on your own.
Recommendations on the rehabilitation period
Rehabilitation after contour plastic surgery is divided into 2 stages. The first lasts 3-4 days, during which it is clearly noticeable that the nose has undergone some kind of intervention.
At this time, dermato-cosmetologists recommend:
- Minimize the touches of the hands on the face. Never touch the filler injection sites, except when you need to apply a physician-recommended antiseptic, restorative and / or anti-inflammatory cream. Also, you cannot pull the nose, press it, rub the bridge of the nose, the back and so on.
- Refuse to use cosmetics for care and decoration in the "operational field". It is better that the water also does not get on the nose.
- Sleep, if possible, only on your back or at least on your side, but in no case, without burying your face in the pillow.
When the severe symptoms indicative of an intervention disappear, for the next 2-3 weeks, it is necessary to refrain from:
- visits to the bathroom, sauna, solarium (firstly, high temperatures are harmful, secondly, sweat corrodes punctures that have not yet completely healed, inhibiting regeneration and, thirdly, it is possible to contract a infection, which is now very undesirable);
- bathing in natural and artificial basins (this is also a potential "source of infection");
- sunbathing (every time you go out, when the punctures are completely healed, it is necessary to apply a sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher on the nose);
- frequent stay in the "upside down" position;
- intense sports training and any other physical activity;
- any cosmetic salon procedures;
- use of skin care products containing alcohol, acids, dyes, fragrances, other "aggressive" substances (hypoallergenic cosmetics for sensitive skin will be the best choice at this time), scrubs, peeling, decorative cosmetics;
- lying in a hot bath for a long time (hot showers are also undesirable).
Intensive training is also a risk of nose injuries, so it is best to refrain from them during the rehabilitation period after contouring.
Possible negative consequences
If both the doctor and the patient scrupulously follow the "protocol" of the procedure, concerning both the filler injection session itself and the preparation and rehabilitation periods, the risk of complications after injection rhinoplasty is minimized.
Of course, in the next 3-7 days you will have to endure some unpleasant symptoms, but in this case they are considered the norm:
- bruises in places where the skin is pierced;
- swelling, swelling and / or redness of the "operating field";
- mild dull or aching pain;
- small hematomas.
Immediately after contouring, the nose may not look very presentable, but this is a temporary phenomenon.
More serious complications and negative consequences can be the fault of both the doctor and the patient. The first can introduce an infection under the skin during the introduction of the filler, choose the injection sites incorrectly and determine the volume of the injected drug. The second is to ignore the instructions given to him. Also, complications may not appear immediately, but after 2-3 weeks after modeling the nose.
- "Migration" filler. This most often occurs with a poor-quality drug or with a mechanical effect on the nose after its administration. The filler is displaced, the nose takes on an unnatural appearance, asymmetry and disproportion appear.
- "Bumpiness" and tangible seals under the skin, pronounced asymmetry of the nose. It occurs if you "overdo" the filler or distribute it insufficiently during the procedure.
- Allergic reaction. It cannot be excluded unless an individual intolerance test to the chosen drug has been carried out. Manifestations of allergy range from unpleasant, but tolerable (rash, itching, burning, redness) to dangerous to health and even to life (Quincke's edema, respiratory problems).
- Inflammatory process, suppuration. Typical symptoms are redness, hyperemia of the skin, increased body temperature. They develop if an infection was introduced at the puncture sites during or after injection rhinoplasty.
- Tissue necrosis, obstruction of blood vessels, embolism. It is accompanied by twitching, loss of skin sensation, intense pain, change in skin tone to cyanotic or dead white. It occurs when the filler is mistakenly injected too deeply and "pinches" small capillaries and larger blood vessels. Particularly dangerous in this regard are the preparations based on calcium hydroxyapatite: their entry into the blood vessels can cause serious problems in the cardiovascular system, up to a heart attack.
The absence of the desired effect after injection rhinoplasty can also be considered a kind of negative consequence. This is due to the introduction of a low-quality drug or injections into the subcutaneous layers that are too deep.
It is possible to "reverse" the effect
The need to get rid of the injected filler can arise both in the case of complications that threaten health, and when the result of the procedure is simply not suitable for the patient. Hyaluronic acid has an antagonist substance: hyaluronidase. It is injected into the desired area in the required dosage by injection or hardware. One (in rare cases, 2-3 procedures) is enough for the nose to return to its "initial state".
With calcium hydroxyapatite, everything is more complicated. Not seen at all at this time. To get rid of the filler gradually, over several months, saline injections in combination with hardware procedures will help.
Many people would like to correct the shape of their nose if possible. But sometimes you have to refuse plastic surgery. However, there is an alternative to surgery - the contour of the nose. You just need to choose a qualified doctor who will explain what effect each patient can expect and how to avoid unpleasant consequences after the procedure. From a specialist, for everything to be successful, experience and strict adherence to the "protocol" of injection rhinoplasty are necessary, from the patient - compliance with all his prescriptions.